Friday 21 August 2009

Even The Fox Is At It

There is still no sign of the Ouseburn Otter. On checking Stealth Cam earlier this week I was surprised to see not one, but two badgers, frolicking under the bridge as well as a heron AND a fox merrily sniffing a mountain of now ageing spraint. I am not impressed! I have not been back to the bridge since as a) I think I might just curl up under said bridge and never come out again if I don't see footage of an actual otter soon and b) - and more reasonably I think - I am working on the assumption that the Ouseburn Otter can smell my presence (not surprisinging after all my run-ins with the river) and is refusing to come out until he is completely satisfied that I have given up on him and gone. No such luck Mr O. So yes, it's been a pretty uneventful week with regards to the otter as I wait to lull him into a false sense of security. I have however been having lots of success finding new and unsuspecting critters to set my sights on. A badger sett is fast becoming my new point of obsession but rest assured I will not give up on the Ouseburn Otter until I have him securely on film. My other 'projects' include getting some great footage of red squirrels - bring on adventures with ladders up trees - and after nearly having both my eyes poked out and my face suitably gouged by hawthorn and brambles, I came across a fox den which could prove to be very interesting. I just wonder if these mammals will prove as difficult and tiresome as the Ouseburn Otter. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment