Monday 4 October 2010

badgers galore!

I seem to have lost a post or two. Surely it is an impossibility that I have not written a smidgen since July. Can't be. However, I have been busy busy busy. First off, there was holidays. Not any old holiday mind, a badger-filled holiday. A busmans holiday some have said but a fabulous time nonetheless. Badgers galore!









Now I can happily say that I have seen a real live badger, in the flesh, up-close. Now for that pesky otter...

I still have not been able to check for footage of frolicky otters and whatnot on the Ouseburn. Along with my posts, I am losing everything else. Not me personally mind, but I sense another otter conspiracy. Somehow (lets call it magic), the screen that I need to view the footage (and hence check who or what is appearing in it) has disappeared. How a big fat 80s style monitor (flatscreen it is not) vanishes off the face of the earth is beyond me. Like I said - conspiracy with a capital C. I smell an otter.

The otter is also up to his old tricks on another part of the Ouseburn river. Its a familiar story by now and I am not really surprised. Take one stealth camera in position on a river bank and I bet you know the rest. Fresh spraint abounds but no footage of an otter. YET. This is getting pretty ridiculous. Responsibility for this one has been handed over to Michael, dene ranger, and I have complete faith in him. He has not yet been jaded by the wiley games of the otter and I believe he can do it. While I will not be able to claim that I captured the Ouseburn otter on film, the victory will be a moral one. Mr O will be captured, in full technicolour, with no spider legs to protect him. At this point in time, I couldnt care less who gets the shot, as long as it is got.

No comments:

Post a Comment